Friday, December 31, 2010

Ryan Phillippe 'Very Happy' For Ex-Wife Reese Witherspoon

'I wish nothing but the best for the mother of my children,' actor says of his ex's engagement to agent Jim Toth.
By Kara Warner


Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon in March 2006
Photo: Kevin Winter/ Getty Images

Just because Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon didn't make it as a married couple doesn't mean that they can't be happy for one another in their new romantic endeavors. Phillippe has come out publicly to express his well-wishes for Witherspoon and her new fiancé, Jim Toth.

"I'm very happy for both Reese and Jim," the "MacGruber" actor said in a statement to the New York Daily News on Thursday (December 30). "I wish nothing but the best for the mother of my children."

Phillippe and Witherspoon met in 1997 at Witherspoon's 21st-birthday party, where she reportedly told him, "I think you're my birthday present." The couple was married for seven years and divorced in 2007. They have two children together, Ava, 11, and Deacon, 7.

Phillippe told Men's Health last May that he was still sorting out his feelings from his relationship with and eventual divorce from Witherspoon.

"I still have sadness and complicated feelings about my divorce," he said. "But how beneficial is it to keep hanging onto those feelings? If someone lives through an accident, his aim is to become better and healthy. My aim is always to progress — to make better decisions and be a better father, a better boyfriend, a better husband if it happens again, a better friend, a better actor."

Phillippe is currently rumored to be to be dating "Letters to Juliet" actress Amanda Seyfried, and will next appear on the big screen alongside Matthew McConaughey in "The Lincoln Lawyer."

Related Photos

Katie Cassidy Katie Holmes Katy Perry Keira Knightley Kelly Brook

No comments:

Post a Comment