Sunday, April 17, 2011

"Fashion Rebel" Amar'e Stoudemire Discusses His New Line With Rachel Roy

In a new profile in WWD, Amar'e Stoudemire discussed his life as a "fashion rebel" and how he came to work with fab designer Rachel Roy.  Get the deets on their partnership inside...

We told you previously about the new fashion line being created by New York Knicks star Amar'e Stoudemire and designer Rachel Roy, and now we know a little bit more about their partnership.

In a recent fashion profile of the pair, Amar'e explained their partnership this way, "I pretty much let her drive the car and I am just being the maintenance man."

Amar'e, who sat front row at many shows during Fashion Week this year, says he has been a clotheshorse for as long as he can remember.

“I was never a designer or anything like that, but as far as putting together what I was going to wear, I was a fashion rebel, always mixing it up,” said Stoudemire. “As long as I remember, I always did something with my clothes. I would slice up the bottom of my jeans so that they would look different. I would change the design of my shirt and add an extra layer. I would wear two different tennis shoes."

And now, his success in the sports arena allowed him to hook up with one of the hottest young designers in the world.  And Rachel Roy herself seems to really enjoy their work together.  She said working with Amar'e helped jog her own artistic fire and put her in a different mindset saying:

"What does Gisele wear when she goes to see her man [New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady] play? What would Kate Moss wear? Those images are the inspiration as we’re designing.”

So what will it all look like?  We haven't seen a preview yet but I'm sure it will be fab. The line will retail between $45-$250 when it hits Macy's racks in September.
 

Marley Shelton Mary Elizabeth Winstead Megan Ewing Megan Fox Melania Trump

No comments:

Post a Comment